It’s that time of year again – the leaves have turned orange, the nights are shorter and for some of us it’s a fresh start. Our clothes become thicker and the feeling of cosines is very warming indeed. To others, the early nights and harsh morning winds are not particularly favoured and there’s nothing you’d enjoy more than hiding in your bed all day long.
I thought I’d compile a list to make the most out of, in my opinion, the best season ever!!
- Decorate your bedroom in an abundance of fairy lights and mismatched blankets. Not only does it look very cute it also gets you into that autumn mood.
- Discover a new artist and listen to their discography! Certain albums remind me of particular seasons and one that reminds me of autumn is Milo Greene’s self titled album. It’s beautifully crafted and just carries that sound I’m looking for during this time of year.
- Wake up earlier! As hard as it seems to drag yourself out of bed, waking up early not only makes your body feel better but you’re up early enough to see the sun come up and some days it’s foggy and the view is spectacular.
- Invest in a new autumn/winter wardrobe. Take a trip into town on a Saturday and go shopping ANYWHERE. Try the high street, vintage clothing shops and even charity shops. Getting rid of those autumn blues can be difficult but starting with shopping is definitely something, you feel good for treating yourself to new things.
- Collect a list of books to read. A lot of people start re-reading Harry Potter at this time of year and why not! Of course you can start with that or any other books it’s entirely up to you. Reading makes you feel relaxed and improves your knowledge too.
- Make a scrapbook. Meet up with friends, take pictures, collect tickets. Not only are you making memories but you’re documenting it too.
Okay, I could go on all day about how to make your autumn that tad bit brighter but take my advice and maybe try a few things from this list. I guarantee you’ll feel better in a jiffy!!